Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

From Snow To Rain - Rain Suits

 Thanks for a thought full sister-in-law giving me a rain gauge for Christmas last year I can tell how much rain we receive. It has been lightly raining through out the night and the rain gauge shows that we have 1/2" of rain. This rain will help the seeds I planted earlier germinate and those I planned to plant today will have to wait for the rain to stop or tomorrow. I also planted wild grass seed on a horseshoe court I am making and this should get it going too.


I had to scrounge around for a rain jacket to take the dogs out and pick up dog poop this morning and rain is so infrequent that this is the only one I could find. This one has been used off and on for 40 years and still is as good as when it was new. I got a set of rain gear when I was president of our local BASS fishing club in central Fla. from Cotton Cordell to test. I used it for fishing in the rain and other rain events since and it is clearly going to out live me. I gave Cotton a good report on it then and now I could say it keeps me dry and may just last forever. I heard that Cotton died earlier this year but his Big O lures are awesome and I don't know if his company still manufactures these rain suits but they are an excellent investment. Old Cotton did it right and I highly recommend his rain suits it he still makes them. Clearly a once in a lifetime investment.  Thanks Cotton, - RIP

No comments: