Total Pageviews

Monday, January 7, 2013

Are You Friendly - By Sakoieta'

Sakoieta Widrick

The earth is too small for people to have missed each other so completely. I am often amazed at how so many people will willingly refuse to look at people and nod in acknowledgement or even smile. I have stood in elevators where people stand with their backs to others and willingly ignore each other. So I made a pact awhile back when I see people to nod and smile to see who acknowledges my existence and when I go in elevators I face everyone and start talking. It amazes me how people will so quickly change once one person addresses them in a polite and respectful way. In an elevator, to face someone or all of them who are facing the front means you have a captive audience at least for a few minutes in which a person can share the gifts the Creator has given to us for that day. The gift of sharing friendliness and kindness. It’s no wonder there are so many lonely people walking in the world. I have often heard that sometimes the lonliest place in the world is in the middle of a crowd. Doesn’t have to be that way, people.

1 comment:

Carol said...

the idea of doing that in an elevator made me smile! i do try to say HI to folks but it seems these days that many of them are on their cells phones either talking or texting. too bad, me thinks.